Hey you..listen to me

I've known you forever,
for as long as I've known myself
You are a part of me and I am yours
I've seen you go through more than your share
and I wish I was there...

To tell you that it's ok to cry
and ask why
it's ok to shout and open your heart
and let your feelings rip you apart
for there will always be a chance for you
to put yourself back together
tomorrow may be far
but close enough for you to hope for a fresh start

I wish I could tell you then
that life goes on..
with or without you
and that time flies
taking away all you once had
but you will always have me with you and beside you
to hold your hand and walk you through
for what is gone,may not come back ever..
but once the wounds heal and your heart has mended itself
life comes in a new format
so you can again get in touch with yourself

I know we were young and immature
and afraid to take some chances then
and we did take some,that didn't turn out so great
we made mistakes and weren't ready to wait
but that's how we learn and are mature now
ready to understand 'what','why and 'how'.

I wish I could tell you then
that no one loves you more than me
for I can see your soul and know how you feel
but i was caught up then..

but as you've grown in me and so have I
All i want you to know 
is that life has it's twists and turns
and you may not always be prepared
but i'll always be with you..every now and then.




#This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda#

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Cries?

Fool Me Twice

The best disguise