January-Jeans and Journeys

Sitting on the window sill,
Feeling the cold January chill,
I wondered,what I had left behind.

Sipping my coffee, hugging my knees,
The world seemed a different kind.
It seemed like I  had lost a lot;
Yet,I had found some thing.

And now it's time,to move ahead
Leaving my footprints behind
With my sweater and jeans on,
I no longer care what I have left behind.


I never quite realized when and how,the past year just went by.It doesn't really seem, that something has been left behind. Rather,a lot has been carried forward.And that's nothing more, than a little part of me.Every year when the calendar changes,it feels like something new is going to happen. It may take on any adjective that I'd like to give to it-good,bad,weird, sad,happy, exciting...it just goes on.Every year, I have this unrelenting quest, to become a little more of me..whatever and however it may be possible.

There's a quaint comfort in knowing and feeling,that each year you hold your hand a little tighter and assure yourself that no matter what, you'll be there for yourself.

A great deal of what makes me is my clothes. I have this weird obsession with buying clothes.. Every two-three weeks(I hope my dad doesn't read this!) I pick up something that might look good on me.Not because, I want to be perceived in a particular manner.But, because it gives me a sense of 'newness'.Every day my clothes resonate with my mood.Sometimes comfortable,sometimes stylish,unkempt..anything!

Yet,the strangest part is..that I never buy jeans...never too many of them.And I never, ever wear anything else but my jeans with different tops.I don't even like trading them for a skirt or a dress or trousers and let's not even talk about the fuss I make when I have to!

I am happy in my two pairs of my jeans..which I always wear and will wear till they scream to be relieved!

My jeans are me.not more not less.. Just me.

Every day they remind me of the sheer strength and endurance that resides within me.They symbolize the comfort that I get when I be 'me' and not how the world wants me to be.

Its not about one journey.Rather, the journeys that I take in my jeans; in the comfort of being myself, that makes them so close to me.Seasons go by,events come and go.I stay rooted- here and now and wear my jeans-wherever I go.

Perhaps,there isn't a life changing event that I could talk about.

But I can remember and keep with me,in the pocket of my jeans..all the moments that I treasure.All those moments that I need to preserve and those, that will lead me into this new year and many more.
And when my pockets are full;I will move on to a new pair of jeans...find that same comfort that lies within my own skin..and stuff the pockets with newer memories :)



*This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.*
<iframe src="http://www.blogadda.com/rate.php?blgid=53586" width="170" height="75" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" ></iframe>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Cries?

Fool Me Twice

The Edge of the world